Thursday, October 19, 2006

Ewww!

After a hard day of sunning herself and terrorizing the neighborhood cats, Mocha made her way home. A week ago she had been in a catfight so I watched her carefully as she made her way up the path looking for blood or limping legs. I noticed a bit of what I thought was swelling about the mouth.

And as I wondered what had happened she spit out a little mouse friend and began to play with it. Then back into her mouth. Then down again for play. Up and down. Up and down.

Ugh. I knew there was a reason that I liked indoor cats. I can't even fathom kissing her little face again without thinking about mouse breath.

1 comment:

toners said...

Alma, I can totally relate :) We had an indoor cat called Charlie when we lived in an apartment and one morning he stuck his paw through the drain on our deck and scooped up a baby bird....ewwww!

Toni :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin