Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Susan Liles, Part II






Thank you for joining me again to celebrate our Special Guest Designer of the Month, Susan Liles. If you've checked out her blog “Susiestampsalot” you know that's a a fitting title. That girl can stamp. And stamp and stamp. And not only cards, but anything that isn't nailed down, and she makes things that you don't necessarily think of as "makeable". And she's got crazy scrapbooking skills. I knew she would stamp up a storm when she got her hands on some of The Cat's Pajamas stamps. And I wasn't disappointed.


Who doesn't love Pink and Black? Not me. This card is crisp and clean. And with the addition of the white bow, to soften the strong colors, this card is full of "Wow." What I do love is the extra suprise this card has embedded in it. Shall we take another look?

It's a puzzle maze! I just love it. And in this close up you can see her stamping skills. Very neat.

Here Susan combined our "You say it's your Birthday" set and our "Kitty Christmas" set to make this wonderful card.

After she worked her magic with our stamps we wanted to know more.

What was the first stamp you bought, and what was your last?
The first stamp set was purchased at that first overwhelming stamp party and it was a Fourth of July set! (confirms the overwhelmed part---who buys this type of set just getting started!?). The last stamp set I've purchased was the new teacher set from Papertrey but I haven't had a chance to use it yet.

What is your favorite color combo?
No doubt, PINK and BROWN! I love reds, too!

What has been your happiest moment?

Of my life? Getting married for better or worse for the second time and KNOWING that this man (Eric) loves me forever. (However, we've made a pact that when we turn 93, we're free to date.)

Besides stamping, what is your next passion?
Scrapbooking, which I don't have much time to do anymore unless I go on a retreat!

Time? Who has any to spare? Thank you, Susan for sharing bits and pieces of your life and as she and Dr. Suess say:

'If you never did, you should. These things are fun and fun is good." Go have fun.

1 comment:

Vicki G said...

Wow!! Susan's work is lovely!


Vicki

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin