Sunday, May 01, 2011

Swanky Stamper of the Month


Sometimes, when I see a card, I remember it for a long, long time. This card, by Nancy Thomas is one of those cards. I remember when I first saw it, I realized that it was perfect for any number of the challenges that we had this month. Nancy used Bear Hugs in this card, and she shows how versatile a stamp can be in the hands of a talented artist. The same thing goes for a dies. She looks at the Heart Trio CutUps die, in a fresh, fun way. I just love seeing what she can do with our stamps and dies.

Do you know that saying "So many can, so little time?" That's what I was thinking this month. Only this time it was "So many cards, only one spot". While Nancy may have edged out the rest of the field for the Swanky Stamper honor, there were many great cards.


Here's one by Jodi Collins. LOVE this entry for the color challenge. Her additional of the pinwheel on this layout is brilliant.

As is the addition of the pinwheel on this card by Julee Tilman for the sketch challenge. I love how the ribbon echos the pinwheel and the cutout clouds just add the perfect amount of whimsy.

And then there is this card by Kimberly Gajewski. This card was entered in the color challenge and the sketch challenge. Her bright colors and fun flag treatment of the sentiment is cute as can be.

Each month I love going through the entries for each challenge. I am always surprised and delighted by what I see. And I'm delighted to send Nancy some of our stamps and CutUps dies from our next release. I'm sure she'll surprise and delight all of us.

3 comments:

Nancy Thomas said...

Oh my gosh - what a fun thing to wake up to this morning. Thank you so much Alma!!

Jenny said...

Congrats Nancy!!! You totally deserve the title of Swanky Stamper with this beauty of a card:) And congrats to the rest of you ladies for giving Nancy a run for her cat-cash;) Great cards all around!

Chris said...

Nancy's card is gorgeous. And you've said it all, it's those hearts! they are fabulous.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin