Monday, February 20, 2012

Surprise Julee!

Yup. You are at the right place.

It's Monday and it's a very special, special day. It's Mojo Monday!

And, Julee Tilman, Owner of Verve Stamps and creator of Mojo Monday is having a little one. Actually... a couple of little ones. That's right, TWINS!

And I am hopping with joy for Julee and Mark. A bunch of us are. Blog hopping that is. So if you've come from Sarah's blog, you are in the right place. If you haven't, you may want to start at the very beginning at hop organizer, Teresa 'cause I know that there are some really awesome people playing.

So this week's awesome Mojo Monday Sketch was a doozy. And a definite challenge for me. But, then again, that is what it's supposed to do, right?


I took the sketch and turned it on its side. Then used a whole lot of CutUps dies. I really wanted to show off all the clouds so I didn't put the center panel in from the sketch. I think if you squint your eyes a little bit you still get the feel spirit of the sketch.

Now on to Carole! I KNOW she's done something truly awesome. She always does.

14 comments:

Bonnie said...

This is beyond cute Alma! I can see the sketch! I can!!

Mary Fish said...

what a clever switch of the sketch. hugs, m

Wanda Cullen said...

LOVE your interpretation of the stripes in the sketch...this is just too sweet!

Nancy Thomas said...

I love your take on the sketch Alma - just gorgeous.

Luanne said...

Great little scene! Love the sentiment and scrunchy ribbon.

Ravengirl said...

This is really precious! Love, love, love your ribbon treatment!

Teresa Kline said...

wow Alma your card is super cute..luv the design.....thank you so much for taking part in such a special surprise, you helped to make it extra special!

hugs *~*

Amy Sheffer said...

Sweet and adorable, Alma! Love your sketch interpretation! The scrunched up ribbon adds a wonderful texture and pop of color!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

How creative, fun, charming and beautiful Alama!! Love your clouds and ribbon treatment!! Love this!!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Well, fancy meeting you here! {grin} Your card is just fabulous, Alma, and I love your cloudy interpretation of the sketch. :) So honored that you hopped along.

PS - thanks so much for the surprise gift. Haven't got my thank you's done, but wanted to let you know it arrived and is MUCH appreciated!

Janelle Stollfus said...

Oh this is sooooo darling! I could see the sketch right away and love it!

Lisa H. said...

I see the sketch....your card rocks! looove it!

Andrea Ewen said...

Wow, Alma...love your interpretation of the sketch! What a sweet card with some awesome paper crafting! Great colors, too!

Unknown said...

Alma, this is such a gorgeous card! I love how you used the lines of clouds instead of rectangles. The combo of DP you used is just stunning. Hope you are having a great weekend! :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin