Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Crafty!

This Sunday I went to Fort Mason Center. They were holding the The Fine Craft Show there. This is not the same as playing with macrame and paper mache at you kitchen table. This is fine craft. As in fine line between art and craft

It's been several years since I had gone and though I saw a lot of old favorites exhibiting there, there were some really fabulous newcomers. The art just blew me away. Some I even recognized from
Carol Duvall and That's Clever!.

The great piece on the left is Thomas Mann.

Everything was really creative, but I tended to gravitate more toward the jewelry.

They tended to be more like sculpture, than jewelry. Check out this piece by Eric Silva Really fabulous. I was really tempted.... I didn't buy anything, but I did get their email info....for research.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin