Friday, August 25, 2006

Who wants to be a Superhero?

I've never been a really big fan of mega reality TV. "Survior" and "Fear Factor" left me cold. Even the Donald couldn't sway me in "The Apprentice." But lately, Bravo has me turned me into a reality show freak. From Bravo's Project Runway, to the now on hiatus "Top Chef", to the alway chipper Queer Eye these reality shows are a weeknight staples.
Now, a new favorite has appeared on the horizon. "Who wants to be a Superhero?" on the SciFi channel.

Now I know what you are thinking. But this reality show is so campy and well done and consistent that it has me tuning in every Thursday. Stan Lee, the creator of characters like Spiderman, the Fantastic Four, and the X-Men is looking for the next superhero.

Prospective superheros are tested each week in integrity, communication, honesty and other superhero qualities. There is even a failed superhero turned supervillian. Tune in next Thursday for the finale between "Fat Momma", whose catch phrase is "Saving the world one doughnut at a time and "Feedback" who absorbs energy from the video games he plays. I am.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin