Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Shannan Teubner II












Yee Haw! It's time for another look at our Special Guest Designer for February, Shannan Teubner. With her stamping skills, it's hard to believe Shannan has only been stamping for 2 1/2" years. What's her secret?

What's your favorite stamping technique or tip?
Always use quality supplies! You will be surprised how much that will affect the look of your projects!

What is your favorite color combo? 
That depends on what day you ask me! Right now I gravitate to pinks (of some sort) and browns. But that could change in an hour or two!

What was the first stamp you bought, and what was your last?
I think the first stamp I bought was a $1 stamp from a local big box store. I had a drawer full of those that ended up getting donated to my kiddos' craft box...

The last stamp I bought was the Aged Sheet Music background stamp from CHF.



Here is another very special card by Shannan. She hails front Texas, so it's appropriate that she did a Western Card. She used stamps from our "It's a Western Thing" Clearly Swanky Set. 

With this card, it's easy to admire the details. White Raffia, instead of ribbon, random stitching to mimic a lasso.

But what makes this card so special is her masking and coloring technique. She makes 3 separate stamps look like it is only one. And her coloring is spot on. I especially love the touch of white she adds for the highlights.


Now take a look at the inside of the card. The inside of a card is usually forgotten, but Shannan again shows her attention to details. Repeating the stitching, colors and patterns used on the front of the card, she adds her sentiment and makes it pop with more of the white highlight pen. Just great.

Want more? Come back next Wednesday.

3 comments:

Shannan Teubner said...

I'm so glad you liked this one, Alma! You're so sweet. :)

Amy Rohl said...

Oh my word, Shannan, your coloring is outta this world! Love the stitches, too!

Callie said...

This card is freaking adorable! You just sold me on that set!! Love it!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin