Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Amy Rohl 111





It's Wednesday and I've been chomping at the bit waiting to show you this next project by the 'Oh So Awesome Amy'. But before I do, let me tease you a bit with more "Amy Facts".

What was the first stamp you bought, and what was your last?
The first stamp I bought must have been that Disney characters birth announcement stamp back in 1993 and the last stamp set purchased would actually be two SU! sets: Trendy Trees and Thoughts and Prayers. (Does this disqualify me as March GD at TCP since my last purchase wasn't TCP?!) Ü

What is your favorite color combo?
That's a tough question, sort of like asking me what my favorite type of music is—depends on my mood and the day. I can tell you that I enjoy bold colors combined with neutrals and always a splash of something fun. I love black with a splash of Kiwi Kiss or Black and a fun, bright pink.

And now, the project. Amy tells me that she based this on a template by Kelly Lunceford. And while the template is a good one, Amy has made it all her own.

This slider box is perfect holding chocolate or cookies or that special gift.


And this project is chock full of details that make it special. From the pearls adorning the flowers on top, to the matching "lace", to the dimension on the sentiment panel.


See what I mean? I love how she used the brads to accent the sentiment. It gives that pop of color and texture that just finishes it. It looks so perfect that I can't image them not being there.

Just Purrrfect!

2 comments:

waleska said...

oh, wow! this is such a gorgeous project. I love the colors she used too :)

Carol said...

OMG, Amy, this is cute; great colors and some really fun touches- I agree that the way you accented the sentiment is a great touch! Your creations are FUN!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin