It's the first Tuesday of the Month! And you know what that means! It's TCP Tuesday! That means it's challenge day!
Last month was about Clean and Simple. This month is about The More the Merrier.
Layers and goodies are the key to this challenge. Encrusted is a word that comes to mind.
Can you heavy up on the embellishments while still keeping the focus on the message?
Here is my card. I used the sentiment from our newly released "Reel Experts" for the focal point on this card. And I created the flowers using our CutUps dies. Let's face it. This card is not meant to go in an envie, but to be presented tucked into a bouquet of flowers or sitting on a plate at dinner surrounded by your loved ones.
Here is a closer look at the flowers. I made the Hyacinth, Bachelor Buttons and Carnations using our Pom Pom Flower CutUps. I love how just one die can give you different looks. The Daffodil I made using our Sunflower Rosette and the Easy Rosette CutUps. They were super fun to make. I'll be posting a video as soon as I figure out how to get a clearer picture.
Noelle McAdams is showing off her mad pattern mixing skills in this card. LOVE all the interest that she creates without her card looking too busy. She's also using the Sunflower Rosette CutUps but topping it with a flower from our Lacy Floral Doily CutUps that she placed in the background with a die cut she created using our Heart Swirl And the pretty little girl is from our Warm Fuzzies set. That set and all the kids from that artist are now 50% off!
When you think of Lori Tecler, you think CAS. So, I was wondering how she would do with this challenge. And, she proved she is a ROCKSTAR! Love this happy card using "What's Mew" and lots of our CutUps.
Susan Liles is a Reel Expert at this Challenge. She fancies up her card with ribbons, and buttons, and shinies! LOVE that she changed up the sentiment for a fresh fun one.
Wendy McGaffey is no slouch at this challenge! She took it quite literally, and added so many of our characters to adorn this card. You really need to see this card up close and personal for all the deets.
Now, you've seen what we did with the challenge. Let's see what you can do.
- The First Tuesday of the Month I will post a challenge on this blog. That's right! Here!
- If you want to play along you just upload your design right here on this page using the InLinkz button. (The challenge button will be posted on the right hand column of this blog so you don't have to search around)If you want to display your pretties on Splitcoaststampers using keyword TCPTUESJun13.
- The Challenge will be a month-long challenge and you can play as many times as you like during that month.
- Cards and projects must have at least one Cat's Pajamas Stamp or CutUps die in the project.
- On the First Monday of the Month a winner will be chosen from the previous challenge and crowned Swanky Stamper.
- The Swanky Stamper will not only be acknowledged as the Swankiest Stamper for that month, but will also receive some of the stamps from our next release and get to play along with us at our Pajamas Party and Blog Hop. AND... They'll even get a special spot in the Gallery highlighting the project that won them the gig AND as snazzy badge to display on their blog.
- The winner will be announced the First Monday of the month on Splitcoaststampers, Facebook page and this Blog