Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Christyne Kane III




It's Special Guest Designer Wednesday!

So you've met Christyne Kane our very Special Guest designer for April. And now you want to know more.

What got you into stamping?
When I was in college and on winter break, my mom came home one night with this giant catalog full of all rubber stamps (Stampin’ Up). I was in disbelief that there could be so many rubber stamps and everything seemed so complicated that I shrugged it off and went back to my knitting. A couple months later when I was on spring break, I attended a workshop with my mom and we made a card using Versamark and pearlEx powder. I was so hooked once I saw this woman’s inspiration board with many of her cards. Seeing how these beautiful catalog wonders were created was just so fascinating to me. I ordered my first stamps at that workshop!

How long have you been stamping?
I was able to convince my mom to lend me her “Stampin’ Bin” (that point in the beginning where everything you have can fit in a large under-the-bed bin) so that I could play for Mother’s Day cards. This was about 5 years ago, to the month. Since I didn’t have much money to spend on my own stamps until I got out of college, I really only got back into the hobby about 2 years ago.

What was the first stamp you bought, and what was your last?
The very first stamp that I could call my own was Stampin’ Up’s Daisy set. The most recent stamp set that I have purchased is Stampin’ Up’s Always, closely followed by TCP’s Loving Mew and Puppy Love sets.

Ah! And the magic she makes with our stamps.



Take a look at this wonderful card that she made using our birthday sets, You Say It's Your Birthday and Smells Like Cake. I just love it.

There is a lot going on in this card. There almost has to be with that paper. She balances the busy patterned paper with just the right amount of texture and shape. Add to that a wonderful coloring job with Prismacolor pencils and Goo Gone with blending stumps, and she's got a winner.


Take a closer look at her coloring. Just wonderfully controlled. This card just jumps off the screen, no? It is just a happy card, that makes you want to celebrate.

5 comments:

Linda Beeson said...

This is just plain adorable! Since I have those stamps, I am loving seeing them used so cutely!

Meg said...

I love this card-it's so bright and fun without being retina-burning! Do you know what she used to color the image?

Ashley said...

that card is too cute!!!!

Jenny Gropp said...

WOW -- love this Birthday card! So Fun and Cheery balanced out with the perfect birthday sentiment!!!

carole (TruCarMa) said...

I love how Christyne's able to make TCP stamps look so... sweet and feminine, even, with all the pastels! Her designs are a perfect combination of playful-yet-elegant!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin