Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Christyne Kane





It's Special Guest Designer Wednesday!

Our very Special Guest Designer for the month of April is Christyne Kane. You may remember Christyne as one of our past Swanky Stampers.

After poking around her blog a bit, I knew I had to feature her as a Special Guest Designer, so I asked her

What's your favorite product, Christyne?
Well, that would have to be rhinestones. I’m just sure that it all stems from the Swarovski crystal animals that I used to collect when I was little. I just love the way they can accent to balance an image or fill in that last little space in a layout.

And, what's your favorite stamping technique or tip?
It’s tough to pick just one technique as I prefer a variety to keep things interesting. My favorite tip would definitely be to sketch out an idea before attempting execution. I have found that this can save a bunch on materials in the event that things don’t work out as planned. I suppose it all goes back to “Measure twice, Cut once!”

Now, take a look at this wonderful basket that she created. Not only is her color choice wonderful, there is a bit of whimsy with the flowers that she used to adorn the place where the handle meets the basket.

Now get closer. Did you see that the handle is a different color on the inside than the out? Did you see the wonderful shading in the sky where the penguins are? This basket is a "WOW".

And I love the use of her favorite product on this basket. They give just the right amount of bling.

2 comments:

carole (TruCarMa) said...

Welcome, Christyne! What a fabulous basket -- everything is spot on perfection! Can't wait to see what you'll make next to inspire us all. :)

Ashley said...

Aw, that is way too cute. Great job! And I love that stamp. The Cat's Pajama's penguin stamps are so adorable.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin