Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Christyne Kane II





It's Special Guest Designer Wednesday!

Christyne Kane is our very Special Guest designer for April. And once you see this next project you will know why I chose to spotlight Christyne. Not only does she have crazy stamping and design skills, but she has a wicked sense of humor.






When I opened this email, I couldn't stop laughing. Easter S'mores. Not only are the ingredients provided in the jar, but the recipe how-to, as well. She's so considerate.


So after, I picked myself off the floor I took a closer look at her project and my smile got bigger. Her use of color, just blows me away. This woman is not afraid of color, and lots of it. And the details on this project are just wonderful. From the grass, to the fluffy bunny tail, I just keep finding more to look at.
Want to make a jar of Easter S'mores yourself? Here is the recipe. Thanks, Christyne!

Recipe:

1. Reduce 1 sleeve graham crackers to crumbs.

2. Layer 2/3 of the crumbs in a 1 qt jar.

3. Place 8 marshmallow bunnies or peeps standing up, facing out around the inside of the jar.

4. Press them up against the glass, but don't squash them.

5. Carefully spoon remaining crumbs in the center of the jar to support the bunnies, pressing down to keep it snug.

6. On top of this pour 1-1/4 cup Easter M&M's.

7. Spoon 1/3 cup brown sugar into center of M&M's, gently pressing with a spoon.


Attach a gift tag to say:

Empty the jar contents into a bowl. Snip the bunnies into bits with kitchen shears or cut up with a knife. Return the bunny bits to the mixture. Mix well.
Melt 1/2 cup butter; add 1 teaspoon vanilla. Pour this over the dry ingredients, mixing well. Pat into a greased 9" square pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes. Cool and cut into bars.

*Option - leave bunnies whole; combine remaining ingredients and place the bunnies on top; then bake as directed.

6 comments:

jen del muro (iheart2stamp.com) said...

wowzas...this is just tooooo cute!

Amy Rohl said...

Christyne, this is an sa-weet project! I may have to try this one out, and how cool is that peek a boo pocket?!

carole (TruCarMa) said...

How cute-cute-cute is this?! I love-love-love it, Christyne!

Carol said...

This is so AMAZING! I am loving the way you added the recipe in the pull card... NEAT idea! What a great Spring gift, Christyne... love all the coloring and the way you decorated the lid... Great job!!!

Kelli Hull said...

This is just super fun!!!!

Ashley said...

COOL!!! That's adorable! And I love Peeps, although the chicks are my favorite (instead of bunnies).

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin