Thursday, April 05, 2007

It's not Thanksgiving, but...

...I am thankful, nonetheless.

I am thankful that I finished entering all the data into Quickbooks AND saving the info to a separate hard drive before one of the hard drives in my 8-year old computer died this week.

I am thankful that my old company let me have the computer that I had when I worked there instead of tossing it.

I am thankful that we were able to switch out the drives in that computer, saving me from having to buy a new computer and giving me more room on both my disks.

I am thankful for the Data Rescue program that helped me retrieve ALL the data on my fried disk.

I am thankful for backups.

I am thankful for patient customers who don't yell.

Most of all I am thankful for my sweetie, Anthony, who did all the data retrieval, disk stuff and info reconnection, so I didn't have to pull my hair out and throw a tantrum on the ground. All the while working on his own projects and filling stamp orders. He's good.

Everyone should have an Anthony. I'm thankful I've got mine.

2 comments:

Kim said...

I am thankful for you too! I love when in apparent chaos there is a bright spot!

toners said...

Alma, what a great post. You and Anthony are both lucky to have each other :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin