Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Joanne Basile









Our very Special Guest Designer is Joanne Basile.

So last week you got to meet Joanna and drool over some of her creations.

Now it's time to learn a little bit more about Joanne and see more of her outstanding work.

How long have you been stamping?
I've been buying stamps for about four years now, the first set I bought was to make gift bags for my son's second birthday, and he just turned six! However, I've been seriously stamping for a little over two years.

What was the first stamp you bought, and what was your last?
That first stamp set I bought for my son's second birthday, I literally had NO idea what to do with it. A friend of mine recently ran across the tag I had made for the goodie bags four years ago and taunted me with it. Giggle.

What is your favorite color combo?
Vanilla, Light Pink and Cocoa is my current favorite color combination. I'm also a sucker for any occasion to use Kraft Paper.

What has been your happiest moment?
I'd tell my husband that the happiest moment was the day we got married, and I'd tell each of my boys that my happiest moment was the day they each were born. Truth be told, all three of those days were equally amazing.

Besides stamping, what is your next passion? Hmmmm. Can you call shopping a passion?


This wonderful card shows the reason I picked Joanne for our Special Guest Designer. The way she mixes textures and shapes and patterns is masterful. Even with all sorts of textures and patterns going on, nothing overwhelms the card. And if you took one element away, the design wouldn't work as well.


This card uses our "Fright Night" Clearly Swanky Set and is both complex and simple at the same time. Yes, her color palette is simple, but that's why she's able to work in embossed paper, patterned ribbon and the transparency without the design being "too much". Luvs it!
And how about this card that uses our "Smells Like Cake" Clearly Swanky Set? This time there are lot of bright colors, and a couple of fun "tags". And notice the added texture at the bottom of the card? Sublime.

Want to see more Joanne? Check out her blog ....just a little something...


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin