Monday, January 17, 2011

TCP Tuesday and a Blog Hop

It's TCP Tuesday! But it's not just any TCP Tuesday. It's also a Release Day Tuesday. Even if you haven't been paying attention, with all the Sneaky Peeks this week, you might have guessed there were some NEW stamps and CutUps coming.

So, if you come hopping along from Toni's Blog, you have reached the end of the Hop. If you want to see some really awesome work, you better start at Sony's blog. She's the Hostess with the Mostess this week and her color challenge is a doozy. She wants you to use Red, Black, Kraft or White with YELLOW! Sheesh.


So I pulled out my current favorite, "Ewe Complete Me". If you were at the Pajama Party last night, you know there was talk of "splendor in the grass" when it came to these two sheep....I don't know if I'll ever look at these two the same way.

Then, I pulled out the old Liquid Applique and went to town. I even did the heart in the banner.


For the banner, I used my favorite trick of folding the paper and butting the fold against the cut line. When you run it through you have a fold at the top that connect two heart. I slipped my twine in the fold, and then secure the two hearts together. Easy Peasy. And no big holes in my heart. Really.



Want to play in this week's challenge? Here are the Deets.

1. Each a week one of The Cat’s Pajamas DT members will host a challenge.
2. The challenges will vary {stamp, technique/supply, color, theme, sketch, etc.}
3. You will have until the end of the month to complete the challenge.
4. Link to your post using the Inlinkz button on this blog.
5. TCP stamps are not required, but of course, highly encouraged. {Unless it is a challenge calling for a specific stamp}
6. There will be one winner each month. They will be deemed that month’s Swankiest Stamper and get $25 in Cat’s Cash {money to spend on the TCP site!}.
7. Only designs posted to the this blog will be considered for the Swanky Stamper.
8. The newly crowned Swanky Stamper will be announced on the First of the Month and have his/her winning entry posted on The Cat’s Pajamas website where he/she will reign for the entire month.





12 comments:

Silli said...

What a pretty card...love the new dies...

Melissa said...

I LOVE those sheep! I can't say it enough - and this card? STUNNING. I can't wait to play along. :)

Jackie Pedro said...

LOVE the heart banner! Adorable, Alma!

JessicaK said...

Awesome - I love liquid applique; just need the patience to use it more often :). LOVE the new releasesm especially the postage stamp and die sets - those are on my birthday wish list and I hope to see them soon :). If not will have to take care of things myself :D. Great release!

Linda Nicholson said...

Such a sweet pair...and they do look like they've been up to something (as only sweethearts will)! Love your little heart banner, will definately have to try your folder heart trick!

Linda

Jenny said...

Love your card Alma!! This release is amazing! Love all the new stamps and dies!!!! I want my stuff here today- is overnight delivery possible from California to Alberta?? hehe!

carole (TruCarMa) said...

Eeek! Love that strawberry & green background behind Bud & Deanie! (You know that will have to be the sheeps' names now, don't you?!) And that heart banner is oh-so-clever.

slbt17 said...

very cute! Love your sheep!
Sandra ltb

Unknown said...

LOVE it Carole - Bud and Deanie!! :) Alma I love this card - that trick with the hearts . . .!!! I will be trying that!!

~♥~The Navy Wife~♥~ said...

I love your card and I love this image. I have just finished the blog hop and I really have to say the DT have gone above and beyond with some very extremly beautiful creations! Great job and can't wait to give this color combo a try :) Happy craftings.

g said...

just darling and i love your folded paper die cutting technique! i can't wait to get all of my new goodies!! YAY!

Sonja "Sony" Christoph said...

ouhhhh I love the heart banner Alma!!! So clever of you!!! and the fuzzy sheep are the bestest!!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin