Wednesday, January 26, 2011

TCP Tuesday on Wednesday

Okay, okay, I know. It's Wednesday, and I'm late for TCP Tuesday. But that's okay. Sometimes life gets a little ahead of us. Anthony is in bed, sick. And as you know, he is the main order packer. So while he is getting better, I've taken over the order packing duties, and there hasn't been a lot of card making time.

But, I have been thinking about this card. You know how sometimes you have a card in your head and can't make it right away, but you can picture yourself making it? You can almost feel the squish of the ink and the movement of your fingers when you tie the ribbon? That was this card for me. I had 90% of the card made, before ink ever touched the paper.


I wanted to make a really classic, simple card with strong shapes. I use so much pattern and color, that I really wanted to see if I could make a card without patterned paper. We just got in the Neenah Natural White 110 lb cardstock and I wanted a chance to use it in a card. It's a really wonderful weight and really luxurious. And, I had some leftover hearts from the Hearts Trio that I had sewn earlier and I thought it would be perfect. Then I stamped up a simple banner using words from the "Love Letters" stamp set. (available on back order!)

I added some rhinestones where the piercing is on the hearts. I just love that those little holes are there, 'cause it makes placing those tiny sparklies so much easier.


6 comments:

Nancy Thomas said...

Beautiful and classic.

Whimsey said...

STUNNING; so elegant and beautiful!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

What a pretty and elegant card Alma! Love the open heart! So sweet! :D

Jenny said...

Love this Alma- so elegant! The white on white is simply stunning!! I CANNOT wait for my new goodies to arrive:):)

Chris said...

this is yummy and very elegant.

Lisa H. said...

gosh! this is beautiful. loooove everything about. feels good when those ideas jump out of your head and come to life!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin