Saturday, July 09, 2011

Happy Birthday, Mom!


My Mother's Birthday is this Wednesday. She'll be 90! I am so blessed to have BOTH parents.

My mother likes to say that she has every card I ever made her.

So I thought I'd create her birthday card using the TCP Tuesday Inspiration Challenge as a jumping off point.

Amy, Julie, and Lori are all masters of clean, simple, beautifully done cards, so I was channeling them when I put together this card.

I just used the saying from "Bearing Flowers". And the Big Scallop and Lacey Butterfly CutUps Dies.

And I finished it of with a little Cotton Candy Divine Twine and some Cabbage Roses that I made with the Rose Seam Binding.

Such a pretty card. I was so surprised how easy it was to come together. This is definitely one that I'll make again.

6 comments:

Amy Rohl said...

I feel badly for saying what I'm about to say because this is the most gorgeous card ever, Alma, but: SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!!! Oh my word...you MADE those cabbage roses..ah, tutorial, please?!!! Stunning, just stunning!

Amy Rohl said...

Forgot to say "Happy Birthday" to your mother. I'm positive she's a sweet lady because she raised one.sweet.Alma!

Unknown said...

Alma this is divine!!! I love those roses - you need to do a little video tut for those! The colors are so pleasing too, truly a beauty!! :) Happy Birthday to your Mom!

Tammy Nichols said...

Hello Miss Alma! Its your cruise friend, Tammy! Happy Birthday to your sweet mama! Hope all is well in your world. I still check in on you from time to time. Email me if ya get the notion to!

Brenda said...

Alma, such a beautiful card! I agree with everything that has been said above; Happy Birthday to your mom and please, please, please do a tutorial on the roses!

Danielle Daws said...

WOW! I love those roses! I'd love a tutorial too! :-)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin